New Website

______________________________________

Follow us at our new, updated

site:

 The Grousers.com

ist unsere neue, aktuelle Webseite

_______________________________________

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Battery Fix

If you have rechargeable Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) batteries that won't hold a charge, don't trow them away. There is an easy battery fix. It will save you money and help reduce waist. Click here for instructions.


Just as in real life, it takes sometimes more that just an easy fix. All 6 of my batteries that went bad during the last months couldn't get fixed that way. I am using Craftsman 19.2 Volt Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) batteries for my cordless power tools. There are 2 parts in the battery pack that can die. One is a thermistor which increases as temperature increases. It is about 14K at room temperature. The other one might be some kind of CIRCUIT PROTECTION. That was the main problem on all my batteries. I couldn't find a replacement so I cut it off and soldered the wires together without that part. All defective batteries are taking now a full load again after I reconditioned them. See Instructions link above.

Saved me lots of $ - 1 new battery is around $40.00

M